I am so honored to have been nominated for the One Lovely Blog Award by Sarah at Where’s My Baby Bear . Thank you so much, and it came at just the perfect time as well. I initially started this blog to work through my very varied emotions regarding infertility, which is a work in progress. What I didn’t expect was to find such a supportive community made up of such strong and brave ladies. The encouragement and support I have found here has truly meant so much to me. All I can do is try my best to reciprocate all the love that has come my way. You ladies rock!
Rules for winning this award are very simple, here they are:
- Thank the person who has nominated you and provide a link to his/her blog.
- List the rules.
- Include 7 facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers and let them know that they have been nominated.
- Display the award logo in your post.
Here are my 7 facts! Since everyone already knows a bunch about my TTC journey I have made them all non-TTC related 🙂
1. I have always been a loner. Even though I love my friends, I would almost always prefer to be alone. This obviously impacted my love life. My partner M is the first man I ever dated that I do not feel stifled with. Being with him is the very first time I actually enjoy being with a person more than being alone. I can’t get enough of him!
2. I was born in the wrong era! I like to think of myself as a cross between a hippie and a 1950’s housewife.
3. I am a first generation American, and my parents moved back to their mother country 6 years ago. In December it will be 3 years since I’ve seen them. Unfortunately my parents and I were never close, so this really doesn’t bother me. We get along and they are not bad people, but we just never had a very close relationship. Sometimes I wonder why we aren’t close, and why I just don’t feel that connected to them.
4. I am almost always running late! It doesn’t matter if I give myself one hour to be somewhere or four hours, somehow I always manage to be late and I really don’t like that about myself! I try so hard to be on time but it never works out, lol. I think it’s an illness. (sidenote – on the extremely few times I am on time or – even rarer – early I don’t know what to do with myself! It’s so strange!)
5. Once I had to jump in a dumpster to retrieve my keys after I accidentally dropped them in with my garbage. I am only 5’1. Shenanigans ensued.
6. I don’t ever wear sneakers unless I am working out. I just don’t feel comfortable!
7. I cannot swim, although I love the beach and the ocean. Even now in the cooler weather I enjoy going down the shore and just watching the waves. It’s so calming and relaxing to me.
I am very new to this community so I have nominated 10 bloggers, here are the ones I have started following and the ones that have really touched and inspired me. I think a lot of you ladies have already been nominated but regardless I think you deserve it ❤
1. Ever Upward
5. In Due Time